Effective date: 30 May 2018
Disclosure of information
You can access and browse brotherside.com without disclosing any of your personal data. We do not collect your data unless you have willingly provided it to us when signing up for our newsletter, commenting on our blog post, sending a message, signing up for our digital downloads. All the data you choose to provide is stored safely in MailChimp.com, Squarespace.com, and Disqus.com, and is password-protected.
We may use IP addresses to compile and provide aggregate statistics about our visitors, traffic patterns, and administer the site. Note that IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
We never collect information about our visitors from other sources. Also, we never sell, rent, or trade your personal information to others.
What personal information we collect and how we use it
- For newsletter subscriptions: your name and email address
- For direct messages: your name, email address, and the message
- For e-courses and other digital downloads: your name and email address
- For article comments: your name, email address, IP address, and comment
We may use the collected information to:
- Operate, maintain, and improve experience on brotherside.com
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities on brotherside.com
- Respond to your comments and messages
- Provide user support
- Send confirmation emails when you subscribe or unsubscribe to our newsletter, e-courses, and other digital downloads
- Send newsletters, offers, promotions that we think would be of your interest and that you subscribed to
- Send you e-courses and other digital downloads that you subscribed to
- Send you confirmation emails when you update your communication preferences
Unsubscribing and gaining access to your data
You have the right of copy, seek restriction in processing or require deletion of any data you decided to share with brotherside.com. You can do so by changing your communication preferences, unsubscribing from our newsletter or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and submitting a request.
brotherside.com may have relationships with companies mentioned on this website, and we may be compensated if you buy or book via the links on this website. Should that be the case, we will inform you about it within the specific page. Affiliate links do not cost you anything extra. They help us to keep creating content on brotherside.com and beyond.
We also use Google Analytics, which gathers statistical information about the website use by means of cookies. The reports Google Analytics provides us are related to the use of the website. You can always turn off cookies for brotherside.com. Note that, by doing so, some functions of the website may not operate properly.